Justice Studies Convocation
Since 2013, The Task Force has organized the Justice Studies Fall and Spring Convocations for the Justice Studies Department. Our convocations are a celebration where graduating students, faculty, and guests come together and recognize the great achievement of graduating from the Justice Studies Department and graduating from San Jose State University.
This page is your one-stop shop for Justice Studies Convocation. Here you will find updated details on the event itself, registration, where to buy tickets, along with rules and guidelines. If you are a graduating student, please be sure to check in with this page routinely. We look forward to planning your celebration and helping you with any questions.
CONVOCATION IS NOT THE SAME AS COMMENCEMENT
- Commencement is for all SJSU students graduating in that particular academic year
- Commencement is by College and will be held at either Avaya Stadium or the Event Center
- Convocation is specific to the Department of Justice Studies.
- During Convocation, each graduate walks across the stage and gets recognized by the faculty, their peers and by those in attendance.
- For more information about commencement please view the SJSU Commencement guide: Click Here
- For information on Regalia please visit the SJSU Regalia page: Click Here
- For regalia and graduation attire please visit the Spartan Bookstore.
TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL CEREMONY
- Please be on time
- Check your e-mail routinely for updates.
- Be prepared to stand for long periods of time prior to the start of the ceremony. We highly recommend wearing comfortable shoes and/or bringing a change of shoes.
- Please dress accordingly to weather conditions for the day.
- If you need water please let us know.
- Make sure your guests are aware of the information on this page.
- If you have questions, please ask them before the day of the ceremony.
- Graduates be advised, anyone that is visibly intoxicated will be ejected from the venue and no refunds will be given. We have a zero tolerance policy.
Graduate Sign up
Please read carefully as you go through the sign up form.
RULES AND RESTRICTIONS
- There will be no tickets sold at the convocation venue
- All guests must have a ticket in order to enter the venue, If they require a seat, they need a ticket.
- Children are not allowed on the lap of guests. (This will be strongly enforced per fire codes)
- Children 6 months or younger do not require a ticket.
- Doors will be closed at exactly ..., at which point all guests must be inside.
- There are no in and out privileges
- There is absolutely no saving of seats.
- All sales are final.
- Parking is available in all the campus garages.
- Seating is based on a first come first serve basis
- Elderly and those in wheelchairs will be seated 15 mins prior to doors opening for all guests
- Those accompanying elderly and wheelchair users may enter at this time
- The entire party must be present to enter, Will-Call will not be provided
- We expect a full house so please help us by not leaving seats around you empty
- Absolutely no saving of seats is allowed, please be fair to others
- No food and drinks are allowed inside. Water and formula are allowed, but must be in a closed container.
- For safety, aisles must be kept clear of strollers, tripods, camera, etc.
- No balloons or strollers are permitted inside but may be left in the lobby where they can be claimed at the end of the ceremony.
- Please put all phones on vibrate or silent, and if you receive a call please answer it in the lobby.
- Parents with small children should keep them under control and under supervision at all times.
- No flash photography allowed.
- Noise making devices such as horns and whistles are strictly prohibited
- Violators will have their device confiscated.
- ASL interpretation available upon request with A month advanced notice via our contact us page